Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Second Time Around

One of my favorite pastimes is shopping second-hand stores. I love the act of looking for something unique, it's like my own little treasure hunt. I recently visited one of my favorite second-hand stores, where I came up on a cute green cake stand and a pretty glass platter. I have decided to pair them together in my presentations, mainly because I think they compliment each other so well. Later, I shopped another one of my favorite places, my Grandmother's house. A woman with a knack for shopping second-hand stores, her house is full of fun trinkets she has picked up over the years. I discovered a lovely two-tier tray, which would be perfect for holding tiny cakes or scones. I cannot wait to put these pieces to use, maybe at a springtime luncheon.

Two-tier tray from my Grandmother's house.

Perfect for serving finger foods and teacakes.

A pretty pattern in the glass.

Cake stand with the serving plate displayed on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment