Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bellini Time

My Christmas holiday was spent with family, surrounded by my favorite foods and the sound of joyous laughter. A spontaneous addition to the holiday meal was some decadent mango and strawberry bellinis, one of my absolute favorite drinks. I created my own puree with frozen fruit, but fresh fruit can also be used. The bellinis came out amazing and added a festive touch to my holiday dinner.

Homemade Fruit Puree:

1 bag (10-12 oz.) fresh fruit or thawed frozen fruit
1 cup sugar

Put fruit in bowl and drizzle with a pinch of sugar. Let sit for 5-7 minutes. Pour into blender, add sugar and puree until fruit turns into a thick liquid and sugar is completely dissolved.

For bellinis, pour ice into martini shaker, add 1/4 cup puree and your favorite champagne to shaker. Cover, shake and pour into chilled glass. Love <3

Thawed mango with a sugar drizzle
Puree preparation
Yum <3
A little bottle of bubbly
Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment